Thursday, May 10, 2007

Because Summer Means Bad TV

After a hard day of work yesterday (creating the frame for my online class--props to Terence for all his help!--and making a stellar eggplant parm), I decided a TV night was in order.

FD and I realized we had a new episode of Deadliest Catch on Tina the Tivo! Seriously, Deadliest Catch is some of the best reality TV out there! Pots, Crabs, The Bering Sea, Crazy Fishermen, and SHITLOADS of money! Who could ask for anything more exciting? I love the Time Bandit and I have the Maverick. Watch the show and you'll see why.

Then American Idol...I made a few calls while FD read, so Tina the Tivo had plenty of time accrued for us to get through the commericals, Ryan Seacrest blabbing, the lame-o group performances, more Ryan Seacrest blabbing, Pink's OK performance with a not-so-great backing band, the relentless plugs for Idol Gives Back, the first round of who's safe, more commericals,



the second round of who's safe, Barry Gibb's awful performance, Ryan's blabbing, final comments from the judges, more suspense of the bottom two--who is going home???--more commericals,



The results are in...

We cut through all this BS and got straight to LaKisha being kicked off and sweet Blake staying on for one more week. Long live the peeps who invented Tivo!

I call Jordin as AI's winner. Who's your vote?

Then Lost...For the record, I just want to say I'm a Ben fan now. I'm sick of Locke and I like Benny Boy's skepticism of Locke. And I like even more that Ben shot Locke. (That sounds cold, but it's the truth.) It was a riveting, nail biting episode last night. Literally, my nails are down to the quick. They kinda hurt. What am I going to do for the last episodes?

And do you, dear readers, find yourself looking into the pixel faces of familiar actors and actresses wondering, "Where do I know him (or her) from?" Well, let me assure Roger, Benny Boy's dad, is Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite! (FD caught that one, so I can't take full credit, but I can share.)

I know my TV log here pales in comparison to my book review, but keep in mind, once summer hits there will be no TV to talk about other than Big Brother. I must purge myself now of all worthwhile TV news.

Thank goodness we'll still have Paris and Lindsay to entertain us.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love Deadliest Catch. It's a good show. Time Bandit is my favorite boat too. I love the crew and the captain, they're all so funny.

As far as American Idol goes, I'm going to predict Melinda. This year has been really dull. I'm starting to lose interest in AI.

I love bad TV.

Stephanie said...

We are still waiting to hear back from the guy. I'm so pissed off about all of this... He was so friendly and sweet beforehand. He even went as far as to say that he didn't want to charge us too much. But now his tune has changed and he's making my life miserable. :( But everything else is starting to fall into place. We are slowly finishing everything up. The wedding is so close.