Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Promise There's No Spoiler.

I've been back from vaca, but very quiet...

So quiet, in fact, there is only one thing I could be doing: reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I picked up my pre-ordered book on Monday and was reading as slow as molasses. So slow that by Tuesday I was only on page 255. No good.

Taking matters into my own hands, yesterday (a dreary, rainy day) I did nothing but read. OK, I did stop for lunch and a episode of World Series of Pop Culture, to go bathroom (obviously), to cook and eat dinner, and to chat on the phone with a long, lost dear friend. But all in all, I think I spent a good 12 hours reading--not bad!

I finished at 12:30 this morning with a mixture of emotions: glee (to have finally finished such a long book), sadness (that it is supposedly the last one), and pissy-ness (I thought the ending kinda blows. I wanted something a little more devastating and not so much uplifting. I wanted no loophole for future books).

Overall, it was one of the best of the seven books. It had a lot of action and tied up the loose ends pretty well. But the whole time I was reading it, I felt it the book was the step to the film. All the action would definitely translate well into film. I hope JK wasn't thinking that as she was writing, but I'm skeptical. And maybe that because I recently saw the newest film and was skeptical of that. And I keep thinking that Book 7's movie would be a bit like the Lord of the Rings movies...maybe less gory...

Then again I was skeptical of the new Wilco album and the VW commercials with Wilco songs, and now I can't get enough of both...

I'd give it 4 out of 5 ghoulish-looking Hello Kittys.

No comments: